The Board of Commissioners of the Financial Services Authority (OJK) finally determined the positions for the seven new commissioner members for the period 2017-2022. This decision was taken at the OJK Board of Commissioners Meeting that was concluded on Thursday evening (20/07).
The Financial Services Authority (OJK) is an Indonesian government agency that regulates, monitors and supervises the country's financial services sector.
Here are the names and positions of the new board of commissioners:
• Wimboh Santoso - Chairman of the Board of Commissioners
• Nurhaida - Vice Chairman
• Tirta Segara - Chief Executive of Law and Consumer Protection
• Riswinandi - Chief Executive of the Non-Bank Financial Industry
• Haru Kristiyana - Chief Executive of the Banking Industry
• Hoesen - Chief Executive of the Capital Market
• Ahmad Hidayat - Chief Executive of Audit
Indonesian President Joko Widodo had proposed Wimboh Santoso as candidate to the House of Representatives (DPR). Santoso previously served as director of banking management directorate and representative director for Indonesia's central bank (Bank Indonesia). He also represented Indonesia as a director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Currently, he serves as a commissioner of state-controlled lender Bank Mandiri.