Update COVID-19 in Indonesia: 4,223,094 confirmed infections, 142,413 deaths (06 October 2021)
26 October 2021 (closed)
Jakarta Composite Index (6,656.94) +31.24 +0.47%
USD/IDR (14,146) -6.00 -0.04%
EUR/IDR (17,335) +57.05 +0.33%
On Wednesday (05/02), Indonesia's official gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate for 2013 was released. According to Statistics Indonesia, Indonesia's economy expanded 5.78 percent in 2013, thus slowing - for the third consecutive year - from the 6.2 percentage growth in 2012 and 6.5 percentage growth in 2011. All sectors of the Indonesian economy posted growth in 2013: highest was the transport and communications sector (+10.2 percent) and lowest was mining and extracting (+1.3 percent).
The oil & gas sector continued to somewhat block Indonesia's economic expansion in 2013 as the country's GDP growth rate would have been 6.25 percent without including the oil & gas sector.
Tomorrow, an analysis of Indonesia's economic growth in 2013 will be presented in the News Columns section.
Indonesia's Economic Growth 2009–2013 (annual percentage change):
|Year|| Quarter I
||Quarter II||Quarter III||Quarter IV||Full Year|
Source: Statistics Indonesia (BPS)
• Analysis: What Caused Indonesia's Slowing Economic Growth in 2013
• Indonesia's Chamber of Commerce: Economic Growth Will Slow in 2014
• Chatib Basri Comments on Indonesia's Economic Performance in 2013
• Amid Improving Global Economy, Indonesia Optimistic about GDP Growth
• Overview and Analysis of Indonesia's Gross Domestic Product