IPO of Waskita Beton Precast on the Indonesia Stock Exchange
Indonesian precast concrete structures manufacturer Waskita Beton Precast, a unit of listed state-controlled construction company Waskita Karya, aims to collect up to IDR 5.2 trillion (approx. USD $397 million) through an initial public offering (IPO) on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX). The company will offer some 10.54 billion new shares, or 40 percent of its enlarged capital, to investors with an indicative price that ranges between IDR 400 - 500 per share (reflecting a price-to-earnings ratio of between 20 - 25 times).
Jarot Subana, President Director of Waskita Beton Precast, informed that the company will use 56 percent of proceeds (obtained through the IPO) to finance a number of projects (including the development of four new plants) as well as to purchase basic materials. The remaining 44 percent will be allocated to capital expenditure (capex). The offering period of Waskita Beton Precast's shares is set from 10 - 26 Augustus 2016, while listing on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) is scheduled for 20 September 2016. Lead underwriters are Bahana Securities, Danareksa Sekuritas, and Mandiri Sekuritas.
The company targets to generate IDR 4.9 trillion (approx. USD $374 million) worth of revenue in 2016 and IDR 620 billion (approx. USD $47 million) in net profit, which would mean an 87.9 percent (y/y) increase from IDR 330 billion in net profit collected in the preceding year. Due to this optimistic forecast investors are expected to be eager to purchase shares of the company, especially as there are no competitors conducting an IPO in Indonesia.
President Director Subana further informed that the company targets to collect new contracts from the trans-Sumatra and trans-Java toll road projects.