Update COVID-19 in Indonesia: 1,368,069 confirmed infections, 37,026 deaths (5 March 2021)
6 March 2021 (closed)
USD/IDR (14,146) -6.00 -0.04%
EUR/IDR (17,335) +57.05 +0.33%
Jakarta Composite Index (6,258.75) -32.05 -0.51%
PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk (ICBP) is a leading producer of packaged food products, providing everyday food solutions for consumers of all ages. ICBP was the result of internal restructuring of the consumer branded product (CBP) group at parent company Indofood Sukses Makmur. Through internal restructuring, the entire business operations of Indofood’s CBP department, comprising noodles, dairy, food seasonings, snack foods, nutrition and special foods, as well as biscuits (previously under Bogasari Group), were transferred to Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur.
|Industry Sector||Consumer Goods Industry|
|Industry Sub Sector||Food and Beverages|
|Established||2 September 2009|
|Listed||7 October 2010|
|Listed Company Code||ICBP|
|Major Shareholders (>5%)||Indofood Sukses Makmur (80.53%)|
|Key Subsidiaries||Surya Rengo Containers
Indofood Fritolay Makmur
Indofood (M) Food Industries Sdn Bhd
Stock Quote Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur - ICBP:
Currently, Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur’s business units are as follows:
- Noodles; the company produces and markets a range of instant bag and cup noodles, egg noodles and instant vermicelli.
- Dairy; it produces and markets a variety of dairy products including sweetened condensed milk, liquid milk (ultra-high temperature, sterilized bottled and pasteurized liquid milk), powdered milk, ice cream and butter.
- Snack foods; it produces and markets a range of Western and modernized traditional snacks, as well as biscuits.
- Food Seasonings; it produces a range of culinary products including soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce, bouillon and instant seasonings, and also produces and markets cordial syrup.
- Nutrition and Special Foods; it produces and markets various cereals and biscuits for infants and children, as well as milk products for expectant and lactating mothers.
- Beverages; this segment is conducted through a joint venture with the Asahi Group. Drinks
include water, fruit juice, and soda drinks.
Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur's Financial Highlights:
in billion IDR rupiah unless otherwise stated
¹ in IDR rupiah
² adjusted to 1:2 stock split
Sources: Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur, Annual Report 2016 & Financial Report FY-2017
Future Perspectives of the Indonesian Consumption Sector
Indonesia's recent economic growth is to a large extent due to Indonesia's robust domestic consumption. Not only does Indonesia contain one of the world's most populous populations, but it also constitutes a population that is burgeoning; the country's middle class is expanding rapidly and it shows in their consuming habits. A larger portion of people's disposable income can be spent on consumer products. As such, businesses that largely rely on Indonesia's consumer base have good prospects. McKinsey expects that Indonesia will move from its current position as the world’s 16th largest economy to the 7th largest economy in the year 2030, partly supported by domestic consumption as income per capita continues to rise in combination with rapid urbanization. The size of Indonesia's consuming class is expected to more than triple over the same period, from 45 million in 2012 to 135 million in 2030. As one of the largest food companies in Indonesia, Indofood is well-positioned to capture these opportunities.
Projection Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur's Future Corporate Earnings:
|P/E Ratio (x)||22.6||22.2||20.7||19.1||17.2|
in billion IDR rupiah, except stated otherwise
Source: Danareksa Sekuritas (24.05.2020)
Sudirman Plaza, Indofood Tower, 26th Floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 76-78
Jakarta - 12910
Phone: +62 21 5795 8822
Fax: +62 21 5793 7373