Update COVID-19 in Indonesia: 1,298,608 confirmed infections, 35,014 deaths (23 February 2021)
23 February 2021 (closed)
USD/IDR (14,146) -6.00 -0.04%
EUR/IDR (17,335) +57.05 +0.33%
Jakarta Composite Index (6,272.81) +17.50 +0.28%
Indonesians love the Internet and love sharing their daily experiences or thoughts with their online friends. Photo-sharing application Instagram draws a huge audience from Indonesia. Reportedly, more then 45 million active users log on to Instagram every month in Indonesia, implying a more than 100 percent year-on-year (y/y) growth pace compared to the number of Indonesian Instagrammers one year ago. What explains this growth? Indonesia's huge population as well as steadily rising Internet and Smartphone penetration.
Globally, Instagram - which has been owned by Facebook since 2012 - has 700 million users. With 45 million users originating from Indonesia, the world's largest Archipelago accounts for six percent of the total Instagram community. Indonesia is also the biggest Instagram community in the Asia-Pacific.
In a statement released last week Instagram said "Indonesians use Instagram twice more frequently than the average (global) user." Facebook Indonesia's Country Director Sri Widowati added that "sharing an important moment is part of the Indonesian culture, therefore it is no wonder that Indonesia has become one of the largest Instagram Story content producers."
Indonesia's huge +260 million population and rapidly rising Internet and Smartphone penetration encourage use of social media in Southeast Asia's largest economy. Based on the latest data from the Indonesian Internet Service Providers Association (in Indonesian: Asosiasi Penyelenggara Jasa Internet Indonesia, abbreviated APJII) there are now more than 100 million Internet users in Indonesia. With the development of the government's Palapa Ring project this figure should rise further in the years ahead.
Meanwhile, based on data from research institute eMarketer there were 69.4 million smartphone users in Indonesia at the end of 2016. Moreover, this figure is expected to grow to 103 million by 2018, which would make Indonesia the fourth-largest smartphone market worldwide after China, India and the United States.
According to statistics agency Statista, more than 76 million Indonesians access social media every month. Facebook remains the most popular social media platform in Indonesia.
Five Indonesian Instagram Users with Biggest Following
1. Dangdut singer Ayu Ting Ting has the biggest number of followers in Indonesia. More than 21.1 million Instagram users follow the daily life of Ayu Ting Ting through account @ayutingting92.
2. On second position is singer Syahrini. Her account (@princessyahrini) is followed by 18.7 million people.
3. On third place is a married couple: presenter, actor and singer Raffi Ahmad and his wife actress, television host, film producer, and singer Nagita Slavina. The couple share an account (@raffinagita1717) that is followed by nearly 19 million people.
4. Fourth is movie and soap opera artist Prilly Latuconsina (@prillylatuconsina96) with approximately 17.8 million followers.
5. Lastly, movie star Laudya Cynthia Bella (@laudyacyntiabella) is on fifth position as she has 17.5 million followers of her Instagram account.
interesting article, thank you. I noticed that many of your stars are really popular in the countries of Europe and things like that, what to say, that thanks to Ayu I wanted an article as popular and to install bigbangram.com, but still I will not sing as beautifully. and what is your star should be on this list?