26 January 2022 (closed)
Jakarta Composite Index (6,600.82) +32.65 +0.50%
USD/IDR (14,146) -6.00 -0.04%
EUR/IDR (17,335) +57.05 +0.33%
After Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo and Jusuf Kalla announced earlier today (19/05) to form a pair in the upcoming Indonesian presidential election (scheduled for 9 July 2014), supported by a coalition consisting of the PDI-P, NasDem, PKB and Hanura, the other pair also presented itself. Prabowo Subianto officially announced that Hatta Rajasa will be his running mate in the election. This pair is backed by Gerindra, PAN, PPP, PKS and Golkar. At the last moment Golkar, second-largest party in the April legislative election, decided to join this coalition.
Prabowo Subianto, the presidential candidate of the coalition and front-man of the Gerindra party, formally presented the coalition as well as Hatta Rajasa's nomination for the vice-presidential candidate, at Rumah Polonia (East Jakarta), the house of Indonesia's first president Sukarno.
Indonesian Legislative Election 2014:
• Election News: Jusuf Kalla Officially Declared Vice-Presidential Candidate
• Indonesia Election Update: Golkar and PDI-P Move Step Closer to Coalition
• Indonesia Presidential Election Update: Jokowi-Kalla versus Prabowo-Hatta?
• PDI-P Declares Coalition & Jokowi's Candidacy; Rupiah and Stocks Surge
• Indonesian Politics: the Presidential Candidates' Running Mates
• Official Result of the Indonesian Legislative Election 2014 Released
• Joko Widodo Expected to Announce Running Mate for Indonesian Elections
• Golkar-Gerindra Coalition's President: Aburizal Bakrie or Prabowo Subianto?
• Indonesian Politics Update: PKB Approaches PDI-P to Form Coalition
• Parliamentary Election in Indonesia; Overview of Popular Political Parties
• Indonesian Politics
• Analysis of Quick Count Results of the Indonesian Legislative Election 2014
• Can Joko Widodo Accelerate the Democratization Process in Indonesia?
• Indonesia’s 2014 Presidential Candidates; a Profile of Aburizal Bakrie
• Towards Indonesia's Presidential Elections: a Profile of Prabowo Subianto
• The Tough Road of Yudhoyono's Democratic Party towards the 2014 Elections