Update COVID-19 in Indonesia: 24,538 confirmed infections, 1,496 deaths (28 May 2020)
29 May 2020 (closed)
USD/IDR (14,502) -231.01 -1.57%
EUR/IDR (16,128) -204.62 -1.25%
Jakarta Composite Index (4,753.61) +37.43 +0.79%
Wednesday 9 July 2014, is a big day for Indonesia as on that day the Indonesian people will vote for the successor of incumbent Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono who had been given the mandate to lead two five-year presidential terms between 2004 and 2014 (and who is the only president in the era of Reformasi that was re-elected by the people). Now, the people have to choose between Joko Widodo (Jokowi), joined by running mate Jusuf Kalla, and Prabowo Subianto, who is joined by running mate Hatta Rajasa.
As there are only two contenders there will be only one election round, meaning that the winner takes it all. Tomorrow afternoon (local Jakarta time), we will present the live quick count score on our website.
On Wednesday, Indonesia’s financial markets are closed.
Indonesian Presidential Election 2014 Archive:
• Indonesia Presidential Election: Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo vs Prabowo Subianto
• Prabowo Subianto and Hatta Rajasa Officially Join Presidential Election
• PDI-P Declares Coalition & Jokowi's Candidacy; Rupiah and Stocks Surge
• Towards Indonesia's Presidential Elections: a Profile of Prabowo Subianto
• Indonesia Election: LSI Survey Shows Rebound in Popularity of Joko Widodo
• Indonesia Presidential Election 2014: What do the Recent Surveys Say?
• Update Indonesia Elections 2014: Half of Electorate Still Unsure Who to Back
• Indonesia Presidential Election 2014: Television Debate Jokowi vs Prabowo
• Presidential Election Indonesia 2014: 2nd Television Debate Jokowi-Prabowo
• Election Indonesia: 3rd Presidential Debate Prabowo Subianto vs Jokowi
• Presidential Election Indonesia 2014: Debate Jusuf Kalla vs Hatta Rajasa
• Debate Indonesian Vice-Presidential Candidates: Hatta Rajasa vs Jusuf Kalla
• Election Indonesia: Last Debate Subianto-Rajasa vs Jokowi-Kalla
Candidates’ Political Agenda & Campaigning
• What is on the Political Agenda of Joko Widodo and Prabowo Subianto?
• Politics in Indonesia: Presidential Election 2014, Jokowi vs Prabowo
• Prabowo Subianto: Dictatorship, Nazi-Video & International Relations
• Indonesian Rupiah and Stocks Continue Gain on ‘Jokowi Win’ Speculation
• Jokowi’s Strong Performance in Debate Impacts on Indonesian Rupiah & Stocks
• Foreign Investors Sell Indonesian Assets if Prabowo Subianto is Elected
• Why Are Foreign Investors Concerned about a Prabowo Subianto Win?