The balance of payments (BoP) of Indonesia, the widest measure of Indonesia’s financial balance with the rest of the world (encompassing all transactions between the country’s residents and non-residents involving goods, services and income), hit a surplus of USD $6.5 billion in the third quarter of 2014, up from the USD $4.3 billion surplus in the previous quarter. The surplus of USD $13.7 billion in the Q3-2014 financial and capital account offset the USD $6.84 billion current account deficit.
24 February 2020 (closed)
USD/IDR (13,966) +73.00 +0.53%
EUR/IDR (15,180) +91.16 +0.60%
Jakarta Composite Index (5,807.05) -75.21 -1.28%
Below is a list with tagged columns and company profiles.
Today's Headlines SBI
Foreign debt of Indonesia totaled USD $264 billion per December 2013. Based on data from Statistics Indonesia, 46.8 percent of this total debt was accounted for by the public sector, while the remaining 53.2 percent was private sector debt. On a year-on-year (yoy) basis, growth of Indonesia’s total debt slowed to 4.06 percent in the last month of 2013. One year earlier this growth was significantly higher at 12.0 percent. Indonesia’s level of foreign debt is still safe at 30.2 percent of GDP in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Indonesia's foreign exchange (forex) reserves totalled USD $97.0 billion at the end of October 2013, up USD $1.3 billion from the previous month (USD $95.7 billion). Consequently, the current level of foreign exchange reserves is equivalent to 5.5 months of imports and the government’s foreign debt payment. Bank Indonesia considers the current stockpile of forex reserves adequate to bolster external sector resilience and is above international adequacy standards.
For the first time since April 2013, Indonesia's foreign exchange reserves have shown a small growth. Indonesia's central bank (Bank Indonesia) stated that in late August, the foreign exchange reserves rose to USD $92.99 billion from USD $92.67 billion a month earlier. The growth was a surprise as continued capital outflows from Indonesia's financial markets was expected to translate into lower reserves. Last week, Indonesia's benchmark stock index fell 2.97 percent, while the rupiah fell 2.55 percent against the US dollar.
Latest Columns SBI
Bank Indonesia’s Board of Governors decided to hold the BI Rate at a level of 7.25 percent, with rates on the Lending Facility and Deposit Facility held respectively at 7.25 percent and 5.50 percent. Bank Indonesia will continue to monitor global and domestic developments and further synergise the monetary and macroprudential policy mix in order to ensure that inflationary pressures remain under control, that rupiah exchange rate stability is maintained according to its fundamentals and the current account deficit is reduced to a sustainable level.
No business profiles with this tag